These days I am realizing that I have become triple lazy than last year. I am not one of those who makes new year resolutions. In fact, I don’t ever make any kind of resolution because I know myself too well. But this year I did make a mental note that I would try to blog regularly. After all everyone knows that I have a lot to say, especially on their posts.
So according to the plan I started storing notes in the various vacant parts of my brain about things I can make a post out of.
- Start a series to document our travels and relive my heavily pregnant with photos laptop by uploading some of the pics here.
- Tell the story of the one and only best girlfriend I had or rather will ever have.
- Discuss about my various extreme kind of OCD’s and attach photos to prove that it is for real.
- Narrate the frequent visits of neighbors I know, neighbors I don’t know, neighbor’s friends I have just heard of etc dropping in and out of my home to peek into my closets and cabinets, and then watch their heads shake in disbelief at the sight they get to see.
- Take more pictures of my shoes, bags, jackets, belts etc which I have
hoardedcollected over the past 3 years…. so that you guys don’t have to scratch your heads wondering what to gift me.
- Confess all those sins I have committed against my brothers and get comments like “it’s ok”, “but they still love you”, “hugs”, “we still love you” and such kinds.
- Write about some unwanted and some cherished traits I inherited from my mother.
- Give regular updates about how I am
tormentingreminding the grief stricken husband about how we survived 10 years of marriage.
- Write about all those movies I have been watching. Mostly utter crap bollywood ones, some awesome foreign movies and one particularly heart wrenching Kurdish movie.
- A post about the crazy Indian Parents here, who puts their kids through a military regime in the name of Education.
- Speak about my addictions, some old and some newly acquired ones.
- A post about what I fear the most.
- Try to write my views on serious issues which contrary to the popular belief, I do read and ponder upon.
- Document about how the boy is growing up so fast and seems to look like my brothers, has inherited his father’s brain (Thankfully!) and unfortunately has started to display my kind of sense of humor.
- My fascination for glass bottles.
- Talk about the insane amount of food I cook per day and how I am obsessed with making jams and decorating the bottles to distribute among anyone who pass by my door.
- Things I like about Facebook and things I find irritating about FB. (Ps: for the records I like Zukku Baba irrespective of what he does)
As you can see there is no dearth of topics I can write on, but when it comes to blogging I cannot bring myself to open my blog and burden my fingers with so much work. Instead, I find the weather these days so irresistible that I grab my jacket and camera, slip into colorful shoes to go out on long long walks. These days it’s either foggy or raining, which is the next best thing I prefer to snowing. Every time I step out, I end up singing the song ♫ ♫ Nindiya se jaaghi bahaar, aisa mausam dekha pehli baar ♫ ♫ and my romantic heart is filled with joy.
Internet seems to have definitely taken a back seat except for the daily dose of
hours a few hours of FB and checking out the blogs of my all time two favorite bloggers Smitha and RM. These are the two bloggers who god forbids if ever decides to stop posting, I will personally make it a point to keep a bandook (loaning out this hindustani word to shake the FBI off my tracks) on their heads and make them resume their writing. I confess that these are the only two bloggers who I have mailed, to let them know how much I love to read their blogs.
I envy Smitha for the way she can romance the Angrezi Language and make it dance to her Oven Timer Tunes. She can write about anything and everything under the sun and still maintain that graceful tone in every post. At times, she flames my jealous by posting heavenly pictures of snow but then I cool down when I read the antics of Poohi.
Now no one can write about the day to day life so beautifully like RM and make you grin like an idiot on a lips stretching mission
. You have to read her to believe the immense grip she has on 3 plus different languages, so much so that she can use all of them in one sentence and crack you up. Her husband, RD”s famous Rajma Recipe is to die for (yup I made it) and the smartness of little R makes me ashamed of my “Flour nu Chalni sa brain”. I have even started using “Gah” offline, quiet frequently on my baffled friends and neighbors.
Ps: No prizes for guessing that I was trying to get back to blogging by this as usual nonsensical post.